Error message "unknown server error" would occur in one of the following conditions:
- If StoreGrid webserver [an Apache Instance] is not able to create the logs while accessing the StoreGrid webconsole. This could be due to insufficient disk space available in the StoreGrid installation disk.
- If the temporary directory configured to save the session variable doesn't have enough permission.
- If there is no disk space available in the system to store the webconsole session data.
- Ensure you have restarted the StoreGrid webserver(Apache) in the machine after editing the session data path in 'php.ini' file located '<storegrid_home>/php/' folder. If not, follow these simple steps to restart the StoreGrid webserver.
If a Linux machine, follow the steps given below:
a. Stop StoreGrid_WebServer(Apache) by executing the following command
"/usr/sbin/chroot sgchroot/apache/bin/httpd -k stop" from "/"
b. Start StoreGrid_WebServer(Apache) by executing the following command
"/usr/sbin/chroot sgchroot/apache/bin/httpd -k start" from "/"
In a Windows machine, restart the StoreGrid_webserver service in services.
- Clear the browser cache or do a "SHIFT+Refresh" reload page and check if you are able to log-in your machine.
- Also, try log-in to StoreGrid web-console from different browsers.